Revisting an old Project

A couple of years ago I started working on a couple of Android apps.

Wanted: UI Person for help with OSS Android Project

Okay here it is, my official cry for help.

As you know I've been tooling around with two android specific projects - planningalertsAU and the openaustraliasearchdroid. Both of the projects are now functional however they are suffering from the fact that my UI skills are almost as good as my ability to levitate. I've included a couple of screen shots from the Planning Alerts app to show you what I mean.

iPhone Open Australia Search update

Blog Catagories: 

 Just a quick update on the iphone version of the openaustralia search app:

House of Reps Search:

Currently hardcoded to search by postcode. Need to include a Picker so that people can choose how they search for their members, however, the Picker widget on the iPhone is hucking fuge! Seriously, the thing looks like something out your local hotels Pokie room.

Senate Search:

Nothing done here yet

Hansard Search:

Planning Alerts Android App - Version 0.4

Okay, here's version 0.4 of planningalertsau, the android app I'm building based on the Planning Alerts API.

In this version I've fixed the following:

Map crashes when there are 0 alerts

OpenAustralia Search Droid - Progress

Blog Catagories: 

It's been a while since I last did anything with the OpenAustralia Search Droid so I thought I would give it another crack. Over the weekend I've brought it up to what I think is worthy of a 0.1 release and in fact have taken it a little further.

It is a very basic project, something more along the lines of a teaching project, but it has the following features:

Waving At OpenAustralia

Blog Catagories: 

So before I start on the Grand Adventure that is PlonieBot, I thought I would start with something smaller, with a much more limited API that I could practice against. I've also been wanting to play around with the OpenAustralia API and so openausbot was born.