Fund raising for Angry Beanie
So if you haven't been following what I do over at Angry Beanie then you will have missed the bit where I blogged about raising funds to grow AB to something more than just me in front of a microphone.
Basically it boils down to this.
- I need to upgrade the gear I use to record
- I want to cover Angry Beanies running costs
- I want Angry Beanie to be a source of great content
- I want to be able to pay people to produce this content
The first step I've taken in this is adding a paypal subscription thing to the site. This gives people the option to setup a regular payment of $2.50, $5.00 or $10.00 per month depending on how nice they feel :)
In terms of funding targets I have two:
- Hosting and running costs ( Infrastructure and Skype for a year): $500.00
Production Setup: $2034.00
- Production specific laptop (MacBook Pro 13 Inch 2.9Ghz): $1689.00
- 2 x Condenser Microphones (Behringer C-3 Condenser Mic): $180.00
- Small 4 port USB Mixer (Behringer QX1202USB): $165.00
I also want to setup a content fund, something that can be used to pay excellent people to generate excellent content, but that's for a seperate post.
So with the two goals in mind I'm now looking at going the crowd funding road. Something via indiegogo or kickstarter. This of course brings up the whole thing of planning such a campaign. What incentives can a podcasting site offer to potential contributers? How much should I ask for? And most importantly of all, will it actually achieve anything?
If you've been involved in a crowd funding campaign before I would love to hear from you, and if you simply want to support Angry Beanie, then visit the Support page and eaither donate or pick up some natty Angry Beanie merch.